The ENTERTAINMENT MASTER CLASS @MIPACADEMY Moscow
The programme targeted entertainment, media & technology executives and entrepreneurs looking to expand their business to international markets as well as capitalizing on digital revenue opportunities.
Offering a blend of workshops, lectures and mentoring sessions, the ENTERTAINMENT MASTER CLASS @ MIPACADAMY equipped participants with the creative and strategic toolkit necessary to develop, pitch, negotiate, and operate a multifaceted entertainment business across all screens.
#1 – DEALMAKING & RIGHTS PROTECTION – Copyright Or Right to Copy?
Christoph Fey & Ben Hall
- How to own and protect your entertainment properties
- How to negotiate deals locally & internationally
- How to sell your entertainment properties to international markets
- How to create a business model for your entertainment properties
- How to turn commissions into cash
#2 – THE NEW BUSINESS OF DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT – How to Make the Show & Make the Money
Romy Kraus (Moderator) – Ben Hall, Eli Uzan, Caitlin Burns
- How to spot lasting digital trends and technology innovations – Presentation of international case studies of what works and what doesn’t
- How to understand user behavior and direct user engagement across multiple screens
- How to get transmedia storytelling right
- How to best integrate second screen technologies
- How to manage live interaction across television and social media audiences
- How to manage a multifaceted development & production team of television producers and technology developers
- How to find a business model for digital revenues
#3 – CREATING & PITCHING CONTENT – How to successfully sell your shows internationally
Paul Boross & Ben Hall
- How to master the art & science of the pitch
- How to know what your buyers really want
- How to understand the people in the pitching room
- How to train for a winning pitch
- How to tell the best pitch story
- How to not only deliver commercial results, but build relationships and keep buyers and business partners coming back for more
#4 – KEYNOTE & INTERVIEW – The Future of Television
1. KEYNOTE: Creativity in Television
How to innovate around a hit? — Landing a hit show (or any kind of hit product or brand) is hard enough. But: How do you keep a well known property with a loyal audience fresh over years? In this keynote, Ben Hall discussed how to walk the line between legacy and innovation and how to instil creativity in larger corporations and organisations.
2. INTERVIEW: The Future of Television & New Career Paths in TV
Romy Kraus (Moderator) – Christoph Fey, Ben Hall, Paul Boross
So you want to work in tv? – In this talk round, the speakers revealed insights and background stories into their own career paths and share what they have learned along the way. What does it take to succeed in this greatly desired but highly competitive industry, which role is right for you and how are careers in media & television changing in a world where entertainment, technology and entrepreneurship intersect? The panellist also answered audience questions from the floor and via twitter.
EMC AT MIPACADEMY — IN PICTURES:
EMC TRAINERS & PARTICIPANTS AT MIPACADEMY MOSCOW INCLUDE: