THE BUSINESS OF SITCOM & COMEDY – COLOGNE | June 1-7, 2013
The Entertainment Master Class Academy equips participants with the creative and strategic toolkit to operate a multifaceted entertainment business. You learn directly from leading entertainment practitioners “How To Make The Show & How To Make The Money.”
The Sitcom & Comedy module targets entertainment executives and digital media entrepreneurs as well as comedy talent, agencies and brands. The week-long residential module with a combination of lectures, workshops and labs offers a unique blend of theory-based, experiential and instructional learning. From creators and producers, to distributors and financiers, our mentors bring a wealth of experience and perspectives to the table to kick-start the growth of your business and unlock artistic potential.
The curriculum for this year’s SITCOM & COMEDY MODULE includes:
- What’s Hot, What’s Not: Spotting Trends in Comedy – On Air & Online
- Pitching Ideas
- Developing Comedy
- Creating Sitcom Characters
- Editing Sitcom Scripts
- Managing Talent
- Show Running Your Star
- A Producer’s Guide to the Business of Show Business
- A Talent Agent’s Guide to the Business of Show Business
- A Commissioner’s Guide to the Business of Show Business
- A Distributor’s Guide to the Business of Show Business
- An Entrepreneur’s Guide to the Business of Online Comedy
- Building and Managing a Comedy Channel on YouTube
- Taste & Decency – Should Comedy Offent?
Contact & Application:
For more information and application details please contact Clara Brockmann, or call us: +49 (0) 30 27 57 21 30.